Welcome to the Governor’s Page! This page will be updated throughout the year with various videos
Profile of the District Governor
- Name: Matt Garber
- Division: 5
- School: Sanford H. Calhoun HS
- Home Town: Merrick, NY
- Prior Key Club Experience: District Executive Assistant, Lieutenant Governor, Club Treasurer, Proud
- Years in Kiwanis Family: 5
- Favorite Things: Math, Good Italian Food and Culture, Baseball, and KEY CLUB
- Favorite Quote: “Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see.” (Mark Twain)
- Favorite Movies: Monty Python and the Holy Grail, My Cousin Vinny, The Godfather: Part I
- Favorite Books: Harry Potter (all of them), The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, The Prince and the
- Biggest Role Models: Derek Jeter, Ron Swanson, Teddy Roosevelt, Hanna Nichols
Hello New York District Key Club!
Thank you for checking out the Governor’s Page! As you may have seen, this page contains some information about me as well as a log of all of the Governor’s Videos from this Service Year. I really encourage you to watch the videos we create this year. One of our big pushes this year is to create more (and better) videos that contain a ton of great information.
I am extremely excited to work with all of New York District this year, and I know we have a lot in store. We are incredibly lucky to have a fantastic District Board, and we are coming off one of our best service years yet. It is one of my main goals this year to preach the inverted pyramid. It is important that every member of our organization understands his importance, so I encourage every club to take that extra step to ask members what they want out of their club, Division, and District.
With all of the awesome projects, events, and ideas that run through this District, I am inspired by the amazing things you do every single day. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to me at any point with ideas, questions, comments, or concerns. You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I thank you from the bottom of my heart for all of the hard work you put in to make your homes, schools, and communities, along with our world, better places for us and everyone around us.
I look forward to meeting as many of you as possible throughout the year at Fall Rallies, divisional meetings, events, and, of course, Leadership Training Conference. Happy Key Clubbing!
Yours in Service,
This is an archive of Governor Matt’s monthly videos. Enjoy!